Hello everyone! Erum here with beautiful cards and a VIDEO for the Creative Coloring with Erum video series. Today, I will show you how to step up 3D embossing by adding some inking to it and completely changing the color of your cardstock!
I will be using the Luxurious 3D Embossing Folder and embossing black and Navy Cardstock panels. To see how the inking technique looks on both the embossed and the debossed side of the panels, I will use the Navy Cardstock panel with embossed motifs and flip the black cardstock so I have the debossed motifs.
- Run the black cardstock through the machine with the Luxurious 3D Embossing Folder. Lightly mist the panel before embossing to prevent the cardstock from cracking.
- Dry the panel completely.
- Apply Cloud White Pigment Ink with a foam dauber covering the raised portions of the panel. Make sure to leave the debossed portions (black cardstock) visible.
- Dry the panel completely.
- Apply the Dusk Fresh Dye Inkpad by swiping it directly onto the panel (watch the video). Dry the panel.
- Use your finger (preferably) to apply Antique Gold Pigment Ink to the raised portions wherever you want. You can even swipe the inkpad for more shine.
- Die cut a circle using Fine Rings: Circle Die Set out of black cardstock.
- Use a foam blender to apply Cloud White Pigment Ink, and then swipe the inkpad as well to add more texture. Dry the die-cut. Then, swipe the Dusk Fresh Dye Inkpad and dry the panel. Next, use Antique Gold Pigment Ink and swipe it as well to add vertical strokes. Dry the die-cut.
- Adhere the die-cut to the card front with foam tape.
- Die cut the sentiment out of Brushed Metallic Gold Cardstock using the Caps Bold Alphabet Die Set. Layer it to make it sturdy if needed and adhere over the circle die-cut.
- Add Antique Gold Sequins to complete the look.
- Run the Navy Cardstock through the machine with the Luxurious 3D Embossing Folder. Lightly mist the panel before embossing to prevent the cardstock from cracking.
- On the side with the embossed motifs, apply Cloud White Pigment Ink with a foam dauber and then dry the panel.
- Apply Emerald Fresh Dye Ink by swiping the inkpad over the entire panel. Dry the panel.
- Use your finger (preferably) to apply Antique Gold Pigment Ink to the raised portions and burnish the ink into the grooves as well. You can even swipe the inkpad for more shine.
- On a separate piece of Navy Cardstock, apply Cloud White Pigment Ink with a foam dauber and also by swapping the ink pad. Dry the panel. Then swipe the Emerald Fresh Dye Inkpad over the panel, and you can leave some of the white showing. Dry the panel.
- Use Caps Bold Alphabet Die Set to cut the sentiment.
- Use Antique Gold Pigment Ink and apply it to the edges. Use your finger or a Detailed Blending Brush to do this.
- Layer the die-cuts and adhere them to the card front.
- Add Satin Gold Sequins.
You can watch the video below or on YouTube.
Please let me know how your cards turned out! Try out some other colors and different embossing folders. You will absolutely LOVE the results and enjoy working on your projects, too! Remember that you will need the Cloud White Pigment Ink if you want to use the Dye Ink to change the color of the cardstock. And to add the tarnished look, Antique Gold Pigment Ink is the perfect choice!
Do not forget to tag Altenew when you share. Use the #altenew on Instagram and Facebook if you do share! Feel free to tag me @glitternswirls on IG. See you soon!