Hello everyone! Lydia here with you today. I'll be sharing a fun technique to add extra detail to your stamped images.
To start I took one of the floral base images from Bride To Be Stamp Set and inked it up, before stamping it though I stamped it onto one of the images from Block Print Stamp Set and then stamped it onto a piece of white cardstock. I used the swirly vines image from the background set and it gave a look of paisley on my stamped flower, it's such a fun and usual look! I stamped all of the base flower images in this way, by inking up the flower image, stamping this onto a pattern stamp and then onto the cardstock. For the flowers I used a mix of Blush, Rouge, Ruby Red, Grapevine and Cotton Candy Inks. For the leaves I just stamped these normally using Silver Stone, Industrial Diamond and Pure Graphite Inks. Once all the images were stamped I then cut these out using the coordinating dies.
I wanted to add a subtle background to the cards so I used Dotted Scaled Debossing Cover Die. Did you know you can get three different (subtle) looks using this die, you can have the scales going down, going up and if you cut it, twist it and then cut it again you can get a small oval background. Once I had these three backgrounds I added them onto white card bases using glue tape. Then I adhered the floral die cuts into place.
For the sentiments I used the ‘hello' from Flower Arrangement Die Set. I cut these a number of times from black cardstock and layered it to create a sturdier die cut to layer over my floral bouquets.
For a video on how these three cards came together please check out the video below or over on our YouTube Channel:
Thanks so much for stopping by and I'll see you again soon!