Happy Friday! It's May here sharing a fun card featuring Happy Dreams stamp set and Bold Alphabet die set. As the Lunar New Year is just around the corner, I wanted to create a sort of Happy New Year card by not using the common greeting “happy new year.”
Then I came up with my own sentiment, You make it happen! This also can be used for the encouragement card. By the way, my card inspiration came from the cover photo that I found on the fashion magazine.
I made a video tutorial to show you how to make this card from start to finish. I’m also sharing some tips along the way you won’t want to miss. :) You can watch it here or on YouTube channel.
How to Make a Card with Gold Embossed Images
- Trim red cardstock into 4.25″x5.5″ and treat it with anti-static powder.
- Stamp the feather image from the Happy Dreams stamp set with watermark ink.
- Heat emboss the images with Ranger super fine gold embossing powder.
- Mount my gold embossed panel on the A2 sized top folding white card base using double sided tape.
- Die cut YOU using the Bold Alphabet die set.
- White emboss the sentiment from the Happy Dreams stamp set on a piece of black cardstock.
- Add white dots between feathers using Signo white gel pen.
- Mount the die cut letters and sentiment banner on the card front using foam tape.
I hope my card inspired you to create your own card with gold embossed background.
This weekend I'm attending CHA, Craft and Hobby Association Trade Show, in AZ. I have lots of fun things planned including Make & Take sessions at the Altenew booth. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram to see what we are up to during the show.