Hi, crafty friends! It's May here. I hope you are having a great start to your new year. Mine has been pretty good so far. I signed up for a gym membership and I'm planning to practice some Zumba, yoga, cardio…
Then I also registered for English classes, every morning Monday through Friday. I hope it will help me improve my English skills so I communicate better with you. :)
It's not exactly the same dress, but her dress looked something like this traditional Chinese wedding dress. So today's card can easily transfer to a wedding card using a different sentiment.
Here is a process video showing you how I created my card. You can watch it here or in HD on YouTube:ARVE Error: need id and provider
How to make a new year card with bold color combination
- Stamp the flowers and leaves from Lacy Scrolls with black ink on red cardstock.
- Add faux stitched details by diecutting the stamped piece with Stitched Rectangle die.
- Heat emboss ‘hello' from Super Script and ‘2016' from Modern Deco Alpha on a piece of black cardstock with gold embossing powder. Then die cut ‘hello' using Super Script die.
- Adhere the antique gold frame along with embossed pieces on the card front using foam tape.
4 tips to get a good impression when stamping
- Place a foam pad under the paper.
- Tap your stamp a few times on the ink pad to get a nice ink coverage on the stamp.
- Check your stamp before stamping if it has some un-inked area.
- Stamp firmly on the paper with even pressure. Make sure you don't move the stamp while stamping.
Don't you love the catchy colors on my card? Red, black, and gold… I'm already planning to use this color combo for my next project. And I'm so in love with the gold frame which added luxurious feel to the card.
PS. I'm so excited for CHA(The Craft&Hobby Association) this week. Altenew will be exhibiting at CHA this year (Booth 2212) in Anaheim, CA. If you are going, make sure to stop by and see me as I'll be managing Make & Take sessions using January release on Sunday and Monday.