Svitlana is here. I want to share a couple of ‘section coloring” techniques that I used for the card I am showing today.
To make the background I used the Bamboo Rose Stamp Set. I wanted to make it more settled (“backgroundy” if you will). The idea was to add some texture to the background, but not overwhelm it so the background won't compete with the focal point.
As far as the cardstock goes I picked up a blue one matching the Caribbean Sky Embossing Powder I planned to use. But to add some more interest I also decided to color some piece of roses. So for each rose I first stamped it using the Caribbean Sky Dye Ink (leaving the stamp mounted in the mini MISTI that I used), then colored several sections using the Caribbean Sky Artist Marker and then heat embossed it using the said powder (which was easy to do as the stamp was still mounted in the MISTI).
Artist Markers are alcohol based markers, so they color over embossing powder. That's why I needed to do coloring before heat embossing.
After I filled the background with roses I also blended the Caribbean Sky Dye Ink onto it using the Ink Blending Tool to add more drama. I did heavier ink blending around the edges and left it lighter in the middle.
Lastly I added the Pure White Ink Spray splatters onto the background and foam mounted it onto a white card base.
To make the yellow roses I used the Rose Filament Die Set. This set has similar design to the Bamboo Rose Set so it was a perfect match for the background I created.
I die-cut each rose twice – first time out of the yellow cardstock and the second time out of a mustard one. The mustard one I taped at the back and placed all negative piece back in their places making a solid die cut.
The yellow die cuts were adhered on top of the corresponding mustard ones. I also inserted several negative yellow pieces in to match the background design where I colored some parts of the roses.
After I made all roses I adhered them onto the card. Using liquid adhesive as well as dimensional one of different thickness to level all the elements.
Lastly I made a sentiment by white embossing one from the Birthday Greetings Stamp Set onto a strip of the same cardstock I used for the background (since I added ink blending onto the background it got darker).
I hope you like the ideas I shared today of how you can easily add a bit more interest to your stamped or die-cut elements.
Have a great day!
This is a complex technique which I cannot understand without a video