FLORAL SPACE CARD
For my first card I created a floral space scene. I love combination of a night starry sky and flower field (ish) underneath and this was the first idea that came to my mind when I saw the stamp set.
I took a piece of watercolor Galaxy background I already had on hand, cut a panel out of it and white embossed several constellations in the top part of it.
After that I foam mounted the panel onto a white card base.
Lastly I popped up a white embossed on black sentiment.
FAUX CHALKBOARD CARD
My second card features one of my favorite technique – faux chalkboard.
I white embossed several constellations onto a Jet Black Cardstock strip and then smudged some white pigment ink onto it, applying the ink with a paper napkin. After that I torn the top and bottom edges of the strip.
Next I wrapped a white twine around the strip and foam mounted it onto a white card base.
Lastly I stamped a sentiment underneath the strip.
GALAXY SHAKER CARD
On the previous cards I used stamps from the set to create person indifferent cards. But the best thing about it that you can create a personalized card using it as it has all Zodiac constellations and their names. My last Galaxy shaker card features such design.
To make the shaker I did the following:
- Applied the Galaxy Washi Tape onto a white cardstock and die cut it using a die from the Nesting Labels Die Set.
- Die cut the shaker top layer out of a white cardstock using two dies from the Nesting Labels Die Set.
- Using the same dies die-cut the dimensional element out of a dark blue foam. The foam that I used has adhesive on one side. I applied a sheet adhesive onto another side before die cutting. So this way the foam die cut got adhesive on both sides.
- Hand cut an acetate piece a bit smaller than the top white die cut (made on the 2nd step).
- Applied strong tape adhesive onto the acetate piece and adhered it to the back side of the white die cut.
- Removed backing from the back side of the foam die cut and adhered it onto the Galaxy die cut (made on the 1st step).
- Placed some shaker filler inside (I used metallic stars and dust). So on this step I had some kind of a “well” with the Galaxy bottom and foam “walls” with the filler inside.
- Removed backing from the top part of the foam die cut and placed the white die cut with the acetate onto it.
The last step finished off the shaker creation. Which had the following layers – galaxy base, foam “walls”, acetate, white die-cut. I hope this description is enough to understand how it was made.
Next I adhered the shaker piece onto a Jet Black card base. Then I white embossed a Aquarius constellation onto a Vellum paper and die-cut it with the matching die. After that I white embossed the sentiment parts onto a Jet Black cardstock and cut them out to their size. Followed bu popping them up onto the card.
Lastly I added several sequins to accentuate the card.
Here you have several ideas how this awesome stamp set can be used. I love the Galaxy theme and there are so many other uses for this set. As well as it's great for personalized cards.