Svitlana is here. Today is my turn to feature a product from the recent release, and I will be featuring the new Checkerboard Stamp Set. This set includes a basic checkerboard background. I'm a big fun of backgrounds and am always looking for ideas to use them differently. I'm sharing three cards using this one.
If a background has solid areas, you can stamp it over another background.
For example, in this card, I took a watercolor panel from my stash of ready backgrounds (aka something that was created for a card but never made the cut) with a yellow watercolor wash and stamped the Checkerboard onto it using the Espresso Crisp Dye Ink.
I had to stamp 2-3 times to get a more intense and opaque impression. This way, only those areas not covered with stamping are visible and the result has some character.
Next, I foam mounted the panel onto a white card base.
To finish off the card, I added several Antique Gold Sequins.
My next two cards I made were inspired by MacKenzie-Child's Courtly Check designs. I love the combination of black and white checkered design with colorful elements.
First, I stamped the background in Jet Black Crisp Dye Ink onto a white panel and foam mounted it onto a white card base.
Lastly, I stamped a sentiment from the Checkerboard Stamp Set onto a white strip and popped it up onto the card.
My next card was also inspired by the same pattern. However, this time, I wanted to make checkerboard flowers. I will be honest – I wanted to make Courtly Check flowers since I found the MacKenzie-Childs store in NYC by accident many years ago. I was just waited for the right supplies to do this.
So, I stamped a couple of checkerboard background pieces in black onto a white cardstock and then white embossed flowers and leaves from the Build-A-Flower: Anemone onto it. Then, I fussy cut all elements with my scissors. I did so as I didn't want to have a border around embossed outlines which the die would create.
Next, I die cut the Fine Bouquet Die out of a black cardstock and cut out several flourish pieces from it.
After that, I made a white card base and added some black splatters onto it. Then, I adhered all my elements onto the card forming a floral cluster. I adhered the leaves and black flourishes flat using a liquid adhesive. For the flowers, I popped them up using thin and regular adhesive foam squares.
Lastly, I popped up a sentiment stamped in black onto a white strip onto the card.
So, here you have three ideas of how this stamp set can be used. Hope you like them and will give them a try.
Have a wonderful day!