Hi there, everyone! Erum here with a new card and video for the Creative Coloring with Erum video series. My card today features the Paint-A-Flower: French Marigold Outline Stamp Set.
- Create a 4 1/4″ x 5/12″ card base. Set aside.
- Begin by stamping the image from Paint-A-Flower: French Marigold Outline Stamp Set on a panel of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80 lb) in Embossing Ink.
- Cover with Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder. Heat set.
- Randomly apply Rubellite, Lagoon, and Fresh Lemon Crisp Dye Inks, covering the image completely. It doesn't matter if you go outside the lines. Apply inks in small portions and try overlapping colors to create a third color.
- Use matching Woodless Coloring Pencils to add pencil details to the image. Match the pencil color to the base color. Switch the pencil color as you move from petal to petal or from one area to the next.
Only add pencil strokes as flicks from the petal tip inwards and from the flower center, outwards. This is all you have to do. And you will acheive a beautiful pencil coloring result as the base color has already been laid down because of ink blending.
- Once done, fussy cut the image and set it aside.
- On A2 Watercolor Cardstock, apply a light grey watercolor from the Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set. For this, just dilute the Rock Collection Watercolor.
- Dry the panel and add splatters of Jet Black Ink Spray.
- Adhere the panel to the card base.
- Stamp sentiment in Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Adhere the image with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Use a white gel pen from the Must-Have Gel Pen Set and add white dots to the flower centers.
Video: Try This Pencil Coloring Hack!
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
Thank you so much for stopping by!
So pretty, Erum! I love the touches of white on the colored flowers–a very nice touch!
Thank you Donna!