Happy Friday! It's Aimes here today sharing a few projects I've created using the brand-new, beautiful Vintage Teacup stamp set and co-ordinating die set. Being a HUGE fan of tea (pretty stereotypical of a Brit, right?) I was so excited to see tea getting it's chance to shine in a stamp set. So grab a cuppa (make mine a builder's brew: a strong English breakfast tea with just a splash of milk), get comfy and check out what you can do with this fantastic stamp set. :D
First up, I wanted to show you how easy it is to master a paper piecing technique with those pretty teacups.
I simply stamped the teacups onto patterned paper, cut them out and then coloured the tops of them with a co-ordinating marker.
In order to stack them, I used a craft knife to cut a slit in the brim of the blue teacup and slotted the pink cup inside. I also couldn't resist stamping the steam above the teacups and embellishing it with some punched hearts. Just don't try to stack full teacups for real – I'm sure it would result in a spillage! ;)
For my next card, I decided to create a fun shaker card focusing on the teacup. I love to see tea (sans milk) in a glass teacup, so I replicated the look with acetate and sequins.
To create the shaker element, I used the Vintage Teacup die set to die-cut the teacup from a panel of white cardstock, then used the stamp set to stamp the teacup onto acetate. I then aligned and affixed the stamped acetate behind the die-cut panel and placed 3D foam tape around the reverse to create the shaker pocket.
It was then a case of filling the shaker pocket with sequins and adhering a panel of white cardstock behind it. I also stamped the teacup onto cardstock then fussy-cut the area inside the handle aperture and affixed it onto the acetate teacup.
I decided to stick with a classic black, gold and white scheme and complemented the gold tea by adding a strip of gold glitter tape and visual triangle of sequins on the card front.
For my final card, I paired the stamp set with the oh-so-versatile Bold Alphabet die set. I die-cut the letters from navy cardstock then stamped and heat-embossed the floral images of the stamp set onto the top half of them.
On first appearance, you may be wondering where the tea is on this design. All will be revealed once the card is opened though…
Ta-dah! A pop-up teacup and a sentiment that rings so true! The teacup is a nod toward the tradition Churchill Willow pattern teacups I remember as a child. I masked the base, top and handle of the teacup and repeatedly stamped the floral elements over it. Then I removed the masks and coloured the base and handle with a marker.
The pop-up element is easy to create. I scored a strip of cardstock into four sections, adhered the ends together to create a square and affixed it flush with the inside of the card. Then you can add whatever elements you'd like to pop up – in this case a pretty teacup!
Well, there you have it! I hope you've enjoyed these examples and you're inspired to ink up this wonderful stamp set that completely steals my heart. I'd love to see your creating using it!
Thanks so much for stopping by today. I hope you have a fabulous Friday and a wonderful weekend!