Hello, Altenew friends! 2020 was quite an adventure, and although we had many tough experiences, we had moments of joy, too. Ever since our company's conception, you all consistently inspired us with your creativity.
In honor of our 6th year anniversary in April 2020, we launched our Creativity Inspired series to continue sparking that creativity and bring a bit of joy during a time of uncertainty.
We so enjoyed reading all of your lovely entries to our poetry contest back in March, seeing the beautiful projects you created for our sewing contest in August, marveling at the fascinating creations you put together for our washi tape contest in October, and we adored the unique home decor projects you made for our Decked Out Decorations contest last month. We didn't want it to end with the close of 2020.
Therefore, you will be happy to hear that we are continuing Creativity Inspired in 2021, and we have tons of exciting new challenges for you all to get crafty with your favorite crafting supplies!
Make way for this month's exciting, new competition: Creativity Inspired: Simply Organized Craft Room Makeover Contest!
Craft Room Makeover Contest Details
Now that we have entered a new year, it's time for a fresh start and some craft room tours! We know many of you are cleaning out your craft rooms, renovating your living spaces, and simply de-cluttering or re-organizing your crafting supplies.
For this round of Creativity Inspired, we want to see WHERE you create all of your fabulous crafting projects. We know that everyone's crafting spaces may look very different and that not everyone is able to carve out a space in their home just for crafting.
Whether you have your own designated craft room or you change your crafting space up every week, this contest is for YOU. We want to know your best organizational hacks for storing your crafting supplies and making do with whatever space you have. No matter what the size of your crafting space is, we want to see the real deal.
Check out the following guidelines to see what you have to do. Watch the video below or over on YouTube:
- Challenge: Share how you organize Altenew supplies in your craft room. Let us know your favorite organizing hacks and what works best for you.
- This contest is open-ended. You may share a picture OR a 1-minute video giving us a tour of your crafting space. Be creative. Instead of simply a picture or video, you may share a scrapbook or journal page depicting your craft room and organizational hacks.
- Each entrant is allowed one project entry, so make it count!
- Upload your photo or video to your blog or social media account. Add a link in inLinkz. Write your organizing hacks in the caption of your post.
- Deadline: All submissions are due by February 7, 2021 at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be announced on 2/14/2021.
We will be choosing the winning entries for this craft room makeover contest based on the following criteria:
- Best use of space – You may have a teeny closet with a low ceiling or a narrow room with lots of wall space. No matter what size you are dealing with, we want to see how creatively you manage your space to keep your supplies.
- Aesthetics – We want to see how visually appealing your space is. Do the colors and designs coordinate with each other? How does everything come together?
- Convenience – Arguably, the most important feature of a craft room is how conducive it is to crafting. How do you access supplies while creating a card or scrapbook layout? We want to visualize ourselves crafting in your space!
- Replicability of organizing hack – We are especially interested in hearing your organizational hacks and seeing how well other crafters can replicate it. Who knows? Maybe your suggestion will inspire other crafters to do a craft room makeover, too!
Wondering if you are eligible to enter our craft room makeover contest? Don’t worry! As you long as you can share a picture or video of your crafting space, you are welcome to participate!
- Entering the contest is completely FREE.
- Open to entrants from all around the world. We want to hear from ALL of you!
- All ages welcome.
Now for the part that you’ve been waiting for. You can’t have an Altenew contest without prizes!
- The top 7 favorite picks will be featured on the Altenew blog on 2/14/2021.
- Monetary prizes will be distributed as follows:
We will also be having an exciting giveaway on social media. Post a picture of your project on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #AltenewCreativityInspired for a chance to win one of two $15 Altenew gift certificates.
Disclaimer: Prizes are subject to change at Altenew’s discretion based on low participation volume or other unforeseen circumstances.
How to enter
All you have to do to enter is to upload your image or video to our Link Party below along with your organizational hack in the caption. You do NOT need a blog to enter this competition. Please do include your own name in the caption, as well.
Need help getting started? Here are some sneak peeks from our Design Team members sharing how they keep their crafting supplies organized:
We are SO excited to get a sneak peek into your craft rooms!