Hello, Altenew friends! Norine here with some more inspiration for the recently released Paint-A-Flower: Chamomile Outline Stamp Set!
There were so many beautiful projects made with this set by the Altenew designers and guest designers for the recent release blog hop, that it was hard to know where to start! But I have 3 cards with 3 different techniques to share with you. Let's get started!
For my first card, I stamped the pitcher chamomile bouquet onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock with Permanent Black Crisp Dye Ink, and then colored the pitcher and flower centers with Altenew Artist Markers. I used R902 and R801 for the blue pitcher, the lightest shades in their color sets, C001 and Y612 for the flower centers, and G702 with a colorless blender for the shade of green that makes the white petals seem whiter.
The next step was to stamp and fussy cut a mask using the Altenew Masking Paper. I covered the colored image and ink blended around the flowers to give them a darker background to make the petals really pop! I started with Frayed Leaf, and then added some Olive and some Lagoon Crisp Dye Ink.
Then I used a straightedge and Xacto knife to cut a line across the bottom of the card, cutting up to the pitcher, and then using scissors to fussy cut away the bottom of the pitcher. I mounted the stamped and colored panel over a piece of navy gingham cardstock and added a narrow strip of coordinating green cardstock to define the line. The sentiment is one from the Paint-A-Flower: Chamomile Outline Stamp Set. A few matching enamel dots complete the card.
The next card combines the two images in the Chamomile Stamp Set. Using the same mask that I made for the first card, I stamped the pitcher of flowers first, and then masked it and stamped the teacup full of flowers. To get the lighter gray lines to match the lighter colors of paint, I used Obsidian Pigment Ink and stamped off first onto scratch paper and then onto the Altenew Watercolor Paper Set (A2 loose sheets). Even 2nd generation stamping like that lets you heat set with Crystal Clear Crisp Embossing Powder and get some embossed outline texture.
I didn't worry about shading or blending techniques with the painting on the flowers. Instead, I started laying down darker pigment around the flower centers and using water to blend out to the tips of the petals. I also added the suggestion of more leaves by laying down the paint brush on its side and lifting to a point to create the impression of leaves.
Once finished with the painted part, I trimmed the panel to 4.25″ x 3.75″ and adhered it to a folded card base. I die cut the greeting from Gold Foil Cardstock using the Handwritten Hello Die, which I then adhered to some more patterned paper on the bottom of the card front. A narrow strip of coordinating green cardstock adds some extra definition and polish.
For the last card, I also used watercolor paper, but this time, I added three shades of watercolor paint to an area that the teacup stamp would cover and used lots of water to blend it out then set the watercolor cardstock side to dry. To make sure it was completely dry, I gave it a blast with a heat tool. Then I set up the MISTI with the stamp positioned over the watercolored area of the cardstock and used corresponding shades of ink to stamp over the painted areas, lifting the MISTI cover plate several times to make sure all the painted areas were covered with the same color of ink. I stamped with Lagoon, Ultramarine, and Ultraviolet, letting the colors blend a little where they overlapped.
Leaving both the stamp and watercolor paper still in the MISTI, I gave the inks a moment to dry and then stamped again with embossing ink and covered the stamped area with clear embossing powder. I heat set the stamped image and then began the 2-step die cutting technique. The first thing to be die cut was the individual “thanks” letters, using the Bold Thanks Die. While that die was out, I die cut two more layers of each letter and adhered the three layers together.
Next, I positioned the largest of the Terrific Tags dies to cover as much of the teacup and flower design as possible, leaving the same amount of “thanks” overlapping on either side. Then I die cut the ultramarine colored cardstock background “thanks” shape and adhered the letters to it. I stamped and white heat embossed the “for everything” from the Sentiment Strips Stamp Set.
I die cut another large tag shape from matching patterned paper, but set up the die cutting plates to make sure that the bottom of the tag didn't cut. I trimmed the tag long and tore the bottom edge for more interest and texture. Next, I positioned the two tags together and adhered them to the purple cardstock, and then glued the layered “thanks” dies onto the tag, lining up where the design matched. I used some water-based ink to dye some ribbon, and then dried it with a heat tool and tied it into a bow for the top of the tags.
That's it for these three cards! If I've been unclear and you have questions, leave a message in the comment section and I will answer it. Thank you so much for stopping by and have a wonderful day!