Hello, Altenew fans. Lilith here with more lovely layers featuring the amazing Billowing Peonies Stamp Set from Altenew. This stamp set is perfect for scrapbooking as it has two large flower cluster stamps as well as some fabulous sentiments that can easily be used on layouts. For this Lovely Layers episode, I decided to use my favorite coloring technique: watercoloring.
- Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set
- Watercolor Brushes
- Embossing Ink
- Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder
- Vellum Translucent Paper
- Watercolor Paper Pad
- Obsidian Black Ink
- Enamel dots
Watercoloring a large image like this will take a little time but I love working on larger images. I spent about 90 minutes in total working on the coloring but spread out over a couple of days. It is a great way to unwind after a busy day. 15 minutes of watercoloring is so really relaxing for me.
- Stamp the two images with embossing ink onto watercolor paper.
- Add embossing powder and heat set it with a heat gun.
- Color in your floral images and leaves.
- Leave to dry and cut out the images. You can use the coordinating die set or fussy cut like I did as I didn't get the die set.
- Stamp the smaller of the two floral images onto some vellum using the embossing ink and add embossing powder. Heat set it. For vellum, I prefer to set it from the back and finish off with a final heat blast from the front.
- Create your layout or card.
I love how vibrant the colors turned out and how each flower and leaf is different. You will never get the same result and this makes each coloring project unique.
You can see how I created the layout and how I colored the images in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
How would you use this fabulous set?
Thank you for popping in. Have a wonderful day and happy scrapping.