Hello, Altenew fans. Welcome to a new Creativity Unlocked blog post. Lilith here bringing you some colorful inspiration using the fabulous new ink collection Summer Dreams created by Amy Tangerine. Her work is super colorful and these inks are a great reflection of her talent.
Welcome to Creativity Unlocked, where we highlight a new product from this month’s new collection! Discover each product's endless creative possibilities and get inspired to create the paper crafting ideas we share here. Keep on reading for exclusive tips from our designers, handy tips and tricks, and stunning project inspiration from talented crafters.
Keep on reading for more tips and project ideas using these new inks and stamp and die set!
Hug Life and Summer Dreams Fresh Dye Ink
We are so excited to collaborate with the amazing Amy Tangerine for this exciting release! Featuring a cheerful collection of Fresh Dye Inks along with stamps and stencils in her signature style, these fun products will inspire you to start crafting right away.
For this layout, I opted to use four ink colors. The names are scrumptious! Each time I see them, I have a little giggle. The four lucky colors are :
- Lettuce Celebrate
- Ride the Wave
- Easy Breezy
- Lemonade Stand
- On a craft palette, add three colors.
- Spritz some water onto the ink. With a wide watercolor brush create a background using the three colors blending them into each other. Leave to dry. TIP: Use watercolor paper for the best result.
- On a sheet of watercolor paper, stamp the floral images from the Hug Life Stamp Set using the colors used for the background. I swapped out Easy Breezy for Lemonade Stamp to add some warmth.
- With a finer watercolor brush and some water, paint over the edges of the stamped images ever so slightly and color in the petals of the flowers. Leave to dry.
- Cut out the florals using the coordinating die set.
- Stamp a sentiment and cut it out. I used a sentiment from the A Fresh Start Stamp Set that comes with a coordinating die set for the sentiments.
- Adhere all the elements to the background and add some finishing touches like ink splatters, enamel dots, and some stitching.
You can see how I created this layout in the video below or watch it in HD on YouTube.
How would you use these amazing colors and stamp sets? Feel free to comment or show us in the comments below!
Thank you for stopping by.
1 Product, Multiple Ways!
Before you go, here are a few card ideas featuring this new stamp and die set!
Like Amy, don't be afraid to play with your shapes. It doesn't have to perfect circles or hearts; the vibrant colors add a gorgeous layered hue to each design element.
Who says monochrome is boring? Certainly not this card! Therese sticks to a bright and playful color palette giving the card a cohesive and elegant look.
We are surely inspired to “follow what feels good” with this gorgeous card by Erum! Her choice of colors really made the flower design pop.
Guisela shares a gorgeous flower spread for our scrapbookers and journalers! When adorned with such beautifully colored flowers, who wouldn't be inspired to reflect or plan ahead?
Now that's what we call a perfect window! Ralph not only made such a good sentiment the highlight of his card; he made it a beautiful focal point with the help of the cutout and this beautifully colored border.
Did this blog post get you excited to try out Amy Tangerine x Altenew products? Wait, there's more!
Amy Tangerine and Altenew have joined forces to present you with an extraordinary workshop that will ignite your enthusiasm for hand-lettering, watercoloring, journaling, and pattern-making. Learn more or sign up for the class!
~ Supply List ~