Hello, Altenew Fans. Lilith popping in with some yummy inspiration using the Spark Joy: Sweet Strawberries bundle. This set is perfect for cards but also scrapbook layouts. We all have some sweet memories we would like to preserve.
Welcome to Creativity Unlocked, where we highlight a new product from this month’s new collection!
There are many ways to use this set but for my layout, I went the very obvious route: foil and color.
Keep on reading for more tips and project ideas using this new hot foil plate set!
Spark Joy: Sweet Strawberries
Featuring a whimsical branch of strawberries and leaves, this hot foil plate can be used with or without the coordinating stencil set. We have also included the words “you're” and “sweet” so you can easily add a suitable sentiment!
How to Make a Sweet Scrapbook Layout:
This set is super simple to use. Here is how this layout was created.
- Foil the image onto some smooth cardstock.
- Use the coordinating stencils to color the image. I went with the classic red and green, but you can use other colors. Creativity has no boundaries.
- Cut out extra embellishments. I used floral patterned paper from Altenew's very first Scrapbook collection. Sadly, the paper isn't available anymore. You can create your own flower clusters with stamps.
- Choose a neutral background.
- Add some paper for extra layers.
- Place the photo and layer your elements. On my layout, I framed the image using two clusters. A larger one with the strawberries and a smaller one in the lefthand corner.
Lastly, I sprinkled a couple of cut-out flower petals for extra detail and added a little bit of journaling. I love the different layers and the bright strawberry image. It matches the photo perfectly.
You can see how this layout was created in the video below or hop over to YouTube to watch it in HD.
There are so many other ways to use this set.
- Skip the foiling and use the stencil on its own. There is an outline included.
- Just use the foil plate and foil onto dark cardstock. You will have a very chic and unique look.
- Use watercolors for a softer look.
- Go crazy and choose colors you wouldn't associate with strawberries.
Check out the inspiration below for more ideas. How would you use this set?
1 Product, Multiple Ways!
Before you go, here are a few card ideas featuring this new hot foil plate set!
Laura's card features an ink-blended strawberry background, flawlessly paired with a foiled card front. The ribbon made from the Red Ombre Washi Tape is the perfect finishing touch!
This card features a vibrant and eye-catching design that will bring a touch of sweetness to any occasion. The bright hues of red and green contrast greatly against the background of light blue stripes! Karen's card is a perfect blend of beautiful pink hues. We love how the pink foil is coordinated with the pink strawberry on her card front!
How about pairing the stunning strawberries with a subtly textured background? Jenny's card would be perfect for sending warm wishes, expressing gratitude, or brightening someone's day with this cheerful and summery design!
Isn't the Spark Joy: Sweet Strawberries just lovely? What project/s caught your eye? Tell us in the comments below! If you have any ideas on what techniques you want to pair with hot foiling, let us know too. As always, we can't wait to see what you create!
Happy 9th birthday. Great prizes love all your stamps and products.