Welcome to Creativity Unlocked, where we highlight a new product from this month’s new collection! Discover each product's endless creative possibilities and get inspired to create the paper crafting ideas we share here. Keep on reading for exclusive tips from our designers, handy tips and tricks, and stunning project inspiration from talented crafters.
Today, I will use the Nostalgic Florals Stamp Set to create a one-layer panel and color it with Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set. You can either do this as one layer or stamp several images, watercolor them, and then die cut, then proceed to arrange them to create your own floral arrangement.
Keep on reading for more tips and project ideas using this new stamp set!
Nostalgic Florals Complete Bundle
Would you like to spruce up your canvas with some wild western roses? The Nostalgic Florals Stamp Set showcases the Rosa Woodsii in three different arrangements. Also included are a couple of leaves and branches that may be combined with the given arrangments, or with any other florals in your stash. The eight complementary heartwarming sentiments are perfect to complete your project!
- On A2 Watercolor Cardstock, stamp images from the Nostalgic Florals Stamp Set in Obsidian Pigment Ink strategically so that it doesn't require masking. Fill in spaces by stamping leaves off the edge.
- To color the flower, I mixed Cherry Blossom, Rock Collection, Warm & Cozy, and Starry Night watercolors with the Red Cosmos watercolor. I wanted a muted red color.
- For the leaves, I mixed Green Meadows and Starry Night watercolors. While coloring, I left some space on some of the leaves to add diluted red watercolor.
- For the flower center, I used Fall Harvest and Delectable Delights.
- To color the background, I focused mainly on the right-hand side of the panel, adding slightly darker watercolor and then diffusing it as I moved toward the right. To create the shade I needed, I mixed a bit of the custom red I created for the flowers with the Rock Collection watercolor and applied a very diluted version of this.
- Once the panel was completely dry, I added black paint splatters using Jet Black Ink Spray.
1 Product, Multiple Ways!
Before you go, here are a few card ideas featuring this new stamp/die/stencil set!
April's card features a stunning floral design that is sure to impress! She ink-blended two beautiful colors, Aqualicious and Dew Drops Crisp Dye Ink, to make the gorgeous blue rosa woodsiis set against a textured cover die background. We adore the colors of the flowers in Jaycee's card! The Nostalgic Florals Stamp Set is indeed perfect for coloring techniques, with its stunning large petal outlines.
Laura features dainty florals from the Flowers & Petals Layering Stencil Set (4 in 1), colored with our best-selling Hawaiian Shores Brush and Fine Tip Pens. The stamp outline of the Nostalgic Florals coordinates so well with the background!
Michelle's overall design is elegant and sophisticated, making it a perfect choice for a variety of occasions such as weddings, birthdays, or as a special thank-you card. We just love gradient effects here at Altenew!
Creative Coloring with Erum Video: Nostalgic Florals One-Layer Watercolor Card
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
I hope this video inspired you. Please let me know in the comments section below if you want to watch more watercolor tutorials. Thank you so much for stopping by. See you soon!