Hello, Altenew friends! We loved reading all of your beautiful entries to our poetry contest back in March. Therefore, we are continuing our Creativity Inspired series with a new exciting competition: a sewing contest!
Sewing Contest Details
First of all, what is our contest about? Check out the following guidelines to see what you have to do.
- Challenge: Create a sewing project with any Altenew product.
- This contest is open-ended. Pretty much any project involving fabric and/or thread is allowed. Be creative! You can do embroidery, fabric painting, knitting, cross stitching, or anything else your heart desires. It’s all up to you.
- Each entrant is allowed upto three project entries, so make them count!
- Take a photograph displaying your project.
- Deadline: All submissions are due by August 31, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be announced on 9/6/2020.
Wondering if you are eligible to enter this sewing contest? Don’t worry! As you long as you can use an Altenew product in your sewing project and take a picture of it, you are welcome to participate!
- Entering the contest is completely FREE.
- Open to entrants from all around the world. We want to hear from ALL of you!
- All ages welcome.
Now for the part that you’ve been waiting for. You can’t have a sewing contest without prizes!
- The top 13 favorite picks will be featured on the Altenew blog on 9/6/2020.
- Monetary prizes will be distributed as follows:
- 1st Place: $150 Altenew Gift Card
- 2nd Place: $100 Altenew Gift Card
- 3rd Place: $50 Altenew Gift Card
- 10 Honorable Mentions: $20 Altenew Gift Card
We will also be having an exciting giveaway on social media. Post a picture of your project on Instagram or Facebook with the hashtag #AltenewCreativityInspired for a chance to win one of three $15 Altenew gift certificates.
Disclaimer: Prizes are subject to change at Altenew’s discretion based on low participation volume or other unforeseen circumstances.
How to enter
All you have to do to enter is upload your image to our Link Party below with the name of the Altenew product(s) you used for your project. You do NOT need a blog to enter this competition.
Need help getting started? Here are some sample projects our designers have come up with in the past:
How fun is this?! Looking forward to play along.
I watched the video and the written instructions on how to add a link and I’m still confused. I do not have a blog, but I do have a Facebook account. Please help! I’m not sure if my entry ever uploaded and if it did I had a difficult time typing in my product description.
Hi, Judy! If you uploaded your project as a Facebook post, you may copy paste the link URL into the empty bar next to “link”. You can also simply upload your image instead if you click on the tab that says “upload”.
Let me know if you have any more questions!
The inspiration pieces you shared are fabulous! The wheels are turning and the thread and needle are definitely ready to play!!!
Can you enter a project that was created recently, using Altenew products? Before the announcement of this sewing contest? Thank you! So so very excited about this contest! I absolutely love stitching and Altenew products! ❤️
Hello Heidi, Thanks for the kind comment! We are so excited about this contest, too! You are welcome to enter your newly created Altenew sewing projects (if they have not been in any contests before). GOOD LUCK!
How do I know if my entry made it into the contest? I posted on FB with the #AltenewCreativityInspired.
Hi Joan, there is a “click to enter” button at the end of this post. You will to copy and paste your (FB, IG) link and then enter at the end of this post. Only the links in the entries here will count. https://fresh.inlinkz.com/party/477f8f036182404ea034f32a00918b76
Just want to confirm, deadline is Aug 31 and not Aug 26. Is it one entry per person?
Copied from above:
Each entrant is allowed upto three project entries
Deadline: All submissions are due by August 31, 2020 at 11:59pm EST. Winners will be announced on 9/6/2020.
Thank you Virginia
So many wonderful inspiration projects and entries! I am so excited I got to play along, thank you Altenew for all you do to bring craftiness into our lives! Looking forward to the next contest!good luck to all the participants!