Hello friends! Erum here with a new card and video for the Creative Coloring with Erum video series. My card today features products from the Dreamscape Ensemble. Using the stunning products from this ensemble, I will add some inking effects to the image and the background.
The dreamscape ensemble transports you into beautiful scenes and breathtaking memories. You may use each product in this ensemble by itself, with each other, or even perfect pair it with other Altenew products!
Inking the image
- Create a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2 card base. Set aside.
- Next, prep a panel of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80 lb) with anti-static powder.
- Stamp the image from Stunning Sakura Stamp Set in Embossing Ink and cover with Antique Gold Crisp Embossing Powder. Heat set.
- Align stencil 1 and apply Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink to the tips of the flower petals with a Mini Blending Brush.
- Next, apply Rubellite Crisp Dye Ink to the center of the flower.
- Align stencil 2 and apply the Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink to the center of the flower. Tip: skip the second ink color to add variation among petals.
- Align stencil 3, apply Coral Bliss Crisp Dye Ink to the entire area, and add Rubellite Crisp Dye Ink to the center of the flower center with a heavier hand this time. Tip: making even minute changes in your inking techniques for different stencils can create variation in the end result, even if you are using only two inks.
- Align stencil 4, and apply Mocha Crisp Dye Ink to the branch with a Detailed Blending Brush.
- Through the same stencil, apply Dark Chocolate Crisp Dye Ink to add shading to the branch.
- Move the stencil to color the leaves, and use Olive Crisp Dye Ink to do this.
- For shading on the leaves, use Moss Crisp Dye Ink.
- Use the coordinating die to die cut the image. Set aside.
Inking the background
- Lightly mist a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ panel of Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80 lb) and emboss it with From Land to Sea 3D Embossing Folder.
- Use a Large Blending Brush and apply Lagoon Crisp Dye Ink. To create an ombre look, apply ink with a heavy hand to the topmost portion and reduce the pressure as you move downwards.
- Once done, emboss the panel again in case it has flattened due to the pressure of the inking.
- Stamp sentiment in Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Add fine black paint splatters. (optional. Don't overdo this, I added a lot, and they ran into the ridges of the embossing).
- Adhere the panel to the card base with Ultra Sticky Double-Sided Tape (1/4 inch × 50m).
- Adhere the image to the card front with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Color the flower centers with Jet Black Artist Alcohol Marker.
- To finish, add Satin Gold Sequins.
I am always in awe of your talent! The sakura’s are beautiful!
Gosh this is so pretty Erum! Of course, everything you do seems to come out stunning! I love this card! Tysmfs!💕
Erum, loving your entire card: the texture, floral and your background. What a lovely example of cards for the Altenew Celebrating Parents drive!