Hello! Erum here with a new video for the Creative Coloring with Erum video series. Today, I have TWO cards for you with easy ink blending and shading, featuring the Botanical Illustrations Stamp Set and Bundle.
I kept the cards very similar to each other so that we could focus on the floral composition. And there are quite a few ways you can use these flowers, so you will get a lot out of this one set! Promise!
Stamping/Inking – Getting the images ready!
- Start by stamping all the images from the Botanical Illustrations Stamp Set several times onto Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs). (To avoid smearing, I stamped the images in dye ink and will restamp them in Obsidian Ink; you can start by stamping them in black ink. This is preference-based. I do it due to the weather conditions.)
- To ink the base layer of the flower, first, apply the Fuchsia Crisp Dye Ink and then add a bit of shading with Magenta Crisp Dye Ink.
- Through the layering stencil, apply Magenta Crisp Dye Ink with a heavy hand and a bit of Cosmic Berry Crisp Dye Ink to add shading.
- Apply ink to the flower center with Sunray Crisp Dye Ink and add shading using leftover pink ink on the Mini Blending Brush.
- Apply Sweet Leaf Crisp Dye Ink to the base layer of the leaves, keeping the tips slightly light. Then add Hunter Green Crisp Dye Ink for shading.
- Apply Hunter Green Crisp Dye Ink with a heavy hand through the layering stencil.
- Apply ink to all the leaves and flowers similarly.
- Next, use the coordinating dies to die cut the images. (If you stamped the images in dye ink, place the panel in a stamp positioner, stamp again in black ink, and then die cut the images.)
Ombre Ink Blended Background – Stem Arrangement
- On a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs), apply Lagoon Crisp Dye Ink with a Large Blending Brush. Make sure to apply this so that one side of the panel is lighter, especially the top-right corner being the lightest.
- Apply Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray and fine black paint splatters.
- Arrange the floral branch in a way to form a stem and tuck in the flowers with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Stamp sentiment in Obsidian Ink.
- To finish, adhere gems.
Inky Halo Background – Floral Bouquet
- On a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs), apply Ultramarine Crisp Dye Ink to the center of the panel and start increasing the size of the ink blended circle. Make sure to keep the edges soft.
- Once done, add splatters of clean water. If there are too many water droplets, use a tissue to wipe the excess.
- Next, apply splatters of Iridescent Shimmer Ink Spray and black watercolor.
- Dry the panel and adhere the flowers with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- To adhere the leaves, pinch the tips with your fingertips and then use liquid adhesive to adhere them.
- Stamp sentiment on a strip of cardstock in Obsidian Ink and cut to size. Adhere it over the floral arrangement.
- To finish, adhere gems.
I just adore the leaves in this set. I think they are gorgeous. Look at how flowy my floral bouquet looks!
Here is a look at both cards together.
If you want to watch the process video, please check it out below or on YouTube in HD.
Thanks so much for stopping by! See you soon.