Hello friends! Erum here with a brand new project featuring the Gracious Peonies Complete Product Bundle.
It is time for my weekly video series, Creative Coloring with Erum. And in today's video, I will use only THREE inks for stenciling on the image, including creating dimension and depth. In addition, I will share one more project idea in the video, so don't forget to scroll down to check it out!
Create a Card with Only THREE Inks!
- Start by stamping the image from the Gracious Peonies Stamp Set in Aqualicious Crisp Dye Ink on Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock. Leave the stamp in the stamp positioner.
- Use a Mini Blending Brush to apply Aqualicious Crisp Dye Ink through Gracious Peonies Coloring Stencil. Make sure to start heavy and reduce the pressure as moving towards the tips, barely adding any inking there.
- To add dimension, add a hint of Galactic Stream Crisp Dye Ink to the beginning of the inked areas. Do this for the base layer.
- Through Stencil 3, apply Galactic Stream Crisp Dye Ink. This will add ink to the center of the larger bloom. You can apply this ink to any area where you want to show depth.
- Through Stencil 5, which is a layering stencil, apply Galactic Stream Crisp Dye Ink applying it from the areas where you want to show the most depth, then blending it out softly. I started adding ink from the flower centers as these are cupped florals.
- For the leaves, use Lime Crisp Dye Ink starting with a heavy hand from the base of the leaf, then reduce the pressure as moving towards the tip. To add depth to the base of the leaves, apply Galactic Stream Crisp Dye Ink.
- Place the panel back into the stamp positioner and stamp the image in Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Use the coordinating die to die cut the image.
- Add splatters of silver watercolor from the Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set onto a black cardstock card front.
- Add fine water splatters onto the image and sop them with tissue paper. This helps in creating a fine textured look on the inked flowers.
- Adhere the image onto the card front with Instant Dimension Foam Tape and carefully cut off the overhanging image.
- Adhere the leftover image wherever it looks good and fits.
- Stamp sentiment in Obsidian Pigment Ink. Draw an outline around it with a pencil and fussy cut the label. Adhere this and an accompanying sentiment onto the card front.
- To finish, adhere a few sequins.
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
Thank you so much for stopping by! I hope this inspired you to get out your inks and start creating today!