Hello everyone! Erum here with a super easy card featuring the Meadow Reflections Stamp Set and I will create an evening sky watercolor background.
- Cut an A2 Watercolor Cardstock one inch smaller than the card base.
- Start by applying water to the top one-third portion. First, add watercolors from the Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set starting with Starry Night watercolor, then extend it outwards by adding Lapis Lazuli watercolor.
- Leave a little space and add another band of clean water to the middle section of the panel. Add Sea Shore watercolor to this area. Once the watercolor meets the blue, work both pigments together to create a smooth transition.
- Apply water to the lower edge of the panel, make sure not to touch the Sea Shore watercolor yet. Apply warm yellow to this area; I mixed Summer Afternoon, Fiery Sunset, and Delectable Delights to create a muted yellow tone. Once I was happy, I worked the Sea Shore watercolor and the mix of yellow pigment together.
- Next, add more concentrated pigment as strokes on the wet panel to create texture. Work in different colors of watercolor on different bands to add variation. Watch the video to see how I do this.
- Dry the panel completely.
- Use Obsidian Pigment Ink to stamp the images from the Meadow Reflections Stamp Set.
- Use a heat tool to set the ink.
- Adhere the panel onto the card base with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Adhere the sentiment onto the card panel.
Video: Easy Watercolor Background
Watch the video below or on YouTube to create your own evening sky watercolor background in as many colors as you like! You can even flip this and turn it into a sea/lakeside view!
Thank you for stopping by!