Hi there everyone! Erum here with another really simple card project to share. My card today features the Captivating Blooms Stamp Set and I will be using the ink smooshing technique to color the image.
Fun, Easy Ink Smooshing Instructions
- Heat emboss image from the Captivating Blooms Stamp Set in Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder on A2 Watercolor Cardstock.
- Apply Magenta, Sunray, and Aqualicious Crisp Dye Inks onto the Watercolor Palette. Use the Fine Mister to spray a bit of water on the inks and also on the watercolor panel.
- Gently press the panel onto the inks and leave it for a couple of seconds. Pick it up and repeat it 'til you are satisfied. Dry the panel.
- Apply inks individually next if there is more coverage of a particular color you are looking for. I also used Pinkalicious, Teal Cave, and Snapdragon Crisp Dye Inks.
- Once I was happy with the look, I dried the panel completely.
- Next, I fussy cut the image leaving an outline. Set the image aside.
- On a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, apply fine black splatters from the Watercolor Essential 12 Pan Set.
- Adhere the image onto the panel with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Heat emboss the sentiment on black cardstock in Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder and cut it to size.
- Add a strip of paper behind the sentiment from the Essential Black and White 6×6 Paper Pack.
Video: Rainbow Ink Smooshing
You can watch the process video on YouTube or below.
Thank you so much for stopping by.