Hello! Erum here with two handmade cards to share using a very easy technique – ink blending!
The cards feature the Build-A-Flower: Bellaroma Hybrid Tea Rose Stamp Set and I used different stencils on both.
On Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs) heat emboss images from the Build-A-Flower: Bellaroma Hybrid Tea Rose Stamp Set in Pure White Crisp Embossing Powder. You will need three flowers and at least five sets of leaves.
Floral Ink Blending
Use a Mini Blending Brush to ink blend.
- Blue flower:
- Blue leaves:
- Pink flower:
- Grey leaves:
- Apply Jet Black Crisp Dye Ink to the base of the leaves and diffuse it towards the tip.
- Use the coordinating dies to die cut the images and set them aside.
Background Ink Blending/Stenciling
- On a 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, apply Lavender Fields Crisp Dye Ink with a light hand right in the center in a circular pattern, enlarging it. To this, also add a bit of the inks used in inking the flower. This will create a halo – a base – for your floral bouquet.
- Now, align the Grid Stencil over the panel, and, through this, apply Ultramarine, Ultraviolet, and Arctic Mountain Crisp Dye Inks. Make sure to keep this lighter than the ink blending of the flower. Once you are happy with the look, remove the stencil.
- Then, add a few black paint splatters from the Watercolor Essential 12 Pan Set.
- Stamp the sentiment in Obsidian Pigment Ink from the Inside and Out: Thanks Stamp Set.
- Adhere the die-cut images with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Add splatters of Pure White Ink Spray with the help of a paintbrush.
- On a 4 1/2″ x 5 1/2″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock, place the Leaf Bed Stencil and apply all the three inks used on the ink blending of the flower; Heart Beat, Coral Bliss, and Pinkalicious Crisp Dye Inks.
TIP! Make sure to keep this lighter than the ink blending of the flower. Keep in mind to not cover the entire panel with inking and to leave some white space.
- Once done, add a few black paint splatters from the Watercolor Essential 12 Pan Set.
- Place the floral arrangement and stamp the sentiment in Obsidian Pigment Ink from the Inside and Out: Thanks Stamp Set.
- Adhere the floral die-cuts with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
Thank you so much for stopping by!