Hello friends! I hope you are doing great! Today, I will show you how I stepped up my watercolor card by adding glitter die-cuts.
Originally, I planned on creating a peach, light pink card but I am loving the teals and pinks lately and ended up with this palette again. So, in order to make it a little different from last time, I decided to step it up by adding glitter cardstock die-cuts. And they did make quite a bit of difference!
How to Add Glitter Die-cuts:
- Create a top folding card base and set it aside.
- Stamp the image from Craft Your Life Project Kit: Dynamic Blossoms in Embossing Ink onto A2 Watercolor Cardstock.
- Cover with Pure White Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Use paints from the Watercolor 36 Pan Set to color the image by first applying water to the flower and then dropping in Rubellite pigment at the base of the flower then spreading it to the tip. Make sure the concentration at the tip is slightly lighter and the base is slightly darker. Keep building layers until you are happy with the look.
- For the branch and leaves, follow the same steps but this time, use Emerald for the base layer.
- To add depth, use a darker blue from the palette, Desert Night, and add this to the base of the leaves and where the flower connects. Don't worry if the watercolor goes out of the outline.
- Dry the image either with a heat tool or let it air dry.
- Use a coordinating die to die cut the image and set it aside.
- On A2 Watercolor Cardstock apply water on the top right corner and extend it downwards the right edge and towards the top left corner. Also, move it a bit towards the center.
- Start adding both the Emerald and the Desert Night pigment to this. Keep this lighter. Once you are happy with the look, strategically add the Rubellite pigment but don't overwork it otherwise it will mix.
- Dry the panel with the heat tool and then add splatters of both Emerald and Desert Night watercolor.
- Adhere the panel onto the card base. I usually keep it under a book so it adheres well and straightens out.
- Position and trim your watercolor floral die-cut. Set aside.
- Die cut one of the swirly dies from the project kit out of Dazzling Diamond Glitter Cardstock. Strategically tuck the glitter die-cuts behind the floral die cut.
- Once you have the arrangement you like, adhere the floral die-cut with Instant Dimension Foam Tape over the glitter die-cuts.
- The glitter die-cuts that are still moving or aren't secured properly, use liquid adhesive to adhere them. The Instant Dimension Foam Tape is sticky enough to hold onto both the die-cuts but you can definitely adhere the glitter die-cuts with liquid adhesive before adhering the floral die-cut. I didn't do that.
- Stamp the sentiment in Obsidian Ink.
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
Thank you so much for reading. I hope you liked my card and enjoyed the tutorial. If you do use this technique or recreate this look, please make sure to tag me @glitternswirls, I would love to check out your work!