Hi there everyone! Erum here today to introduce you to the newest addition to the Craft-A-Flower family, Craft-A-Flower: Sunburst Azalea Layering Die Set. This is such a gorgeous layering die set and the shape of the floral die-cuts is perfect for the technique I have to share today! Here's a peek at this gorgeous new floral layering die set!
Cherish your loved ones with the stunning Autumn Sunburst Azalea. This gorgeous layering die set features two azalea flowers and three leaves with embossed details. Add the florals to your handmade cards, layouts, and home decor projects.
Do you enjoy creating quick and easy floral die-cuts? Subscribe to the Craft-A-Flower Monthly Subscription now and never miss out on these beauties! When signed up, you are guaranteed a spot in our monthly Craft-A-Flower releases and will receive a set each month – at a specially discounted price! ($35.99 →$29.99)
Adding Texture to Floral Die-Cuts
- Die cut the Craft-A-Flower: Sunburst Azalea Layering Dies out of 9×12 Watercolor Cardstock.
- Use watercolors from the Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set to color the die-cut layers. For the floral die-cuts, I used a combination of Tea Party and Cherry Blossom pigment and for the leaves, Sea Shore and Cool Summer Nights.
- Use a pointy tool to create grooves or faux veins on the flowers and leaves. For the flower die-cuts, start from the tip to the flower center, and for the leaves, create a midrib and veins.
- Use Galactic Stream and Arctic Mountain Crisp Dye Inks on the leaves. Watch the video to see how it is done. Set them aside.
- Use Coral Bliss and Rubellite Crisp Dye Inks to apply inking to the flower center and tips to enhance the faux veins.
- Adhere the base layer of the floral die-cut and the second layer with a thin foam tape, and the rest with liquid adhesive.
- For the card front, on A2 Watercolor Cardstock, apply water to the center portion and drop in Cool Summer Nights pigment. Then, add Sea Shore pigment to this. Dry the panel.
- Next, add splatters of the same pigment to create more texture. Dry the panel.
- Adhere the floral die-cuts with Instant Dimension Foam Tape and the leaves with liquid adhesive.
- Add black paint splatters.
- Adhere sentiment from the Sentiment Strips Stamp Set. Stamp this in Obsidian Ink.
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
I hope you got inspired by my card! Try adding texture to floral die-cuts on your next paper crafting projects!
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 03/13/2022 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 03/15/2022.
Blog Hop List
Happy hopping and thanks for stopping by!