Before I begin, I have to point out that in order to create this mixed media card, you do not necessarily have to use the Embossing Paste. You can even just mix the clear watercolor pigment and add the gold pigment to it for a gorgeous, subtle background. The embossing paste just adds a gorgeous texture and an interest to the card. It also gives it a trademark mixed media card look too!
- Select a paper from the Alcohol Ink Backgrounds 6×6 Paper Pack and prep it with anti-static powder.
- Stamp the images from the Quaint Blooms Stamp Set in Embossing Ink, cover with Rose Gold Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Use the coordinating die to die cut it and set it aside.
- On an A2 Watercolor Cardstock, through the Fine Tulle Stencil, apply Embossing Paste roughly and let it dry.
- Once dry, use a teal color or create one matching the stamped image using the Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set.
- When there is enough pigment on the panel, add gold pigment from the Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set while the panel is still wet.
- Dry the panel and add black paint splatters from the Essential Watercolor 12 Pan Set.
- Adhere the images with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Add splatters of gold paint if needed.
- Stamp and heat emboss the “You Are” from the You Are Everything Stamp Set on Vellum in Rose Gold Embossing Powder.
- Adhere Double-Sided Adhesive Sheet behind the “You” and die cut it using the coordinating die.
- Adhere it onto the image.
- Stamp a separate sentiment “I love” on white cardstock in Obsidian Ink and adhere this partially over the “you” with foam tape.
- To finish, add a lot of Satin Gold Sequins.
Video: Mixed Media Card
To watch the entire process of how I made this easy mixed media card, please watch the video below or on YouTube.