Hello and welcome to the Craft-A-Flower: Magnolia Release Blog Hop. Craft-A-Flower layering die sets are released monthly and celebrate the beauty of a wide variety of flowers! Each set includes all the pieces you need to create a multi-layered floral arrangement, inspired by our popular 3D flower dies. All you need to add is colored cardstock and a die-cutting machine!
Craft-A-Flower: Magnolia Layering Die Set
Create a stunning, photo-realistic magnolia with this multi-layered die set! The flower comprises four layers for the petals and two layers for the center. The three leaf layers can be used in various combinations for different looks.
Ready to add our new Craft-A-Flower: Magnolia Layering Die Set to your collection? Then, take advantage of our subscription promotion!
Get our newly released Craft-A-Flower Layering Die Set each month at a discounted price when you subscribe to our Craft-A-Flower Monthly Subscription Plan! From an individual price of $35.99, the subscription reduces the price by nearly 20%, to $29.99! Don't worry if the set goes out of stock! When you are subscribed to the monthly subscription, you are guaranteed a spot in our NEW Craft-A-Flower Layering Die Set each month. And if you need to pause your subscription, you can simply re-activate when you’re ready.
Magnolia Project Inspiration
- Start by die cutting the Craft-A-Flower: Magnolia Layering Die Set flower out of the Cherry Blossom Gradient Cardstock. Since the flower has five layers and there are four cardstock, die cut the first and second layer (from the bottom up) out of the darkest cardstock.
- Use the Razzleberry Crisp Dye Ink and apply it with a heavy hand onto the first layer to make it darker.
- Apply the Razzleberry Crisp Dye Ink onto the edges and the center portion of the second layer. To add a bit of variation, apply Cosmic Berry Crisp Dye Ink as well.
- For the third layer, apply the leftover ink from the Small Blending Tool onto the edges and also apply a little bit of Lavender Fields Crisp Dye Ink.
- Similarly, apply ink to the remaining layers.
- Once done, adhere the layers with liquid adhesive following the layering guide.
- Die cut the flower centers out of Warm Sunshine and Caramel Toffee Cardstock from the Summer Afternoon Gradient Cardstock.
- Apply the leftover pink ink on the blending tool to the flower center die-cuts.
- Adhere the flower center on the flower.
- Die cut three leaves out of the Green Meadows Gradient Cardstock.
- Apply Grass Field Crisp Dye Ink onto the first layer of the leaf to change the tone of the cardstock. Apply it a little heavier at the end of the leaf than its tip.
- Apply Shadow Creek Crisp Dye Ink onto the second layer only at the end.
- Apply Mountain Pine Crisp Dye Ink onto the last layer of the die-cut.
- Adhere the leaf layers with liquid adhesive.
- Take a 4″ x 5 1/4″ cream color cardstock and emboss it using the Deck Planks 3D Embossing Folder.
- With the help of a Large Blending Tool apply Milk Chocolate Crisp Dye Ink lightly to enhance the embossed pattern.
- Adhere the panel onto a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ card base.
- Then add fine black splatters from the Essential Watercolor 12 Pan Set.
- Next, pinch the tip of the leaves before adhering them and the flower onto the card front with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- For the sentiment, die cut the word and shadow Hello die from the All About You Word Die Set and adhere them together. Pop this partially over the flower.
- To finish, add a few Satin Gold Sequins.
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
$200 in total prizes! To celebrate this release, Altenew is giving away a $50 gift certificate to 2 lucky winners and a $20 gift certificate to 5 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 02/13/2022 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 02/15/2022.
BLOG HOP LIST
Enjoy the blog hop!