Hi there everyone! Erum here with a super easy, gorgeous, and full of texture dry embossed card to share featuring the Feathered Lilies Craft Your Life Project Kit. In particular the Simple Coloring Stencil and the 3D Embossing Folder from the Feathered Lilies Craft Your Life Project Kit.
3D Embossed Card
Texture: Embossing and Stenciling
- Emboss a 4 1/4″ x 5 1/2″ Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs) with the Feathered Lilies 3D Embossing Folder.
- Position stencil #1 over the embossed design and apply Warm Sunshine Pigment Ink through the stencil starting from the flower center towards the middle of the petal with the help of a Mini Blending Brush.
- Next, apply Coral Berry Pigment Ink starting from the tips of the petals and blend a bit with Warm Sunshine in the middle.
- Repeat the same for all the flowers. Make sure to increase or decrease the pressure of your hand (for inking) based on the part of the flower.
- For the leaves and stems, apply Forest Glades Pigment Ink and make sure to keep the intensity of this ink higher where the embossed leaves are converging.
- Keep the tips and the curled leaves lighter, and add Warm Sunshine Pigment Ink here.
- To add more depth to the leaves you can add Evergreen Pigment Ink as well.
Adding Details on Your Embossed Card: Background and Doodling
- Using a Small Blending Tool apply Frayed Leaf Pigment Ink starting from the top right and a major portion of the top towards the bottom left.
- To add more intensity to the background, apply Forest Glades Pigment Ink to the top-most portion and blend this well.
- Once done, emboss the panel again to get the embossed look back.
- Use a Fine Liner Pen to draw the stamens and a rough outline around the image for a hand-drawn look.
- Add black splatters from the Essential Watercolor 12 Pan Set.
- Also, add a few white splatters. For this, you can use chalk paint, Pure White Ink Spray, or acrylic paint.
- Stamp the sentiment in Obsidian Ink.
- Adhere the panel onto a card base.
- To finish your embossed card, adhere a few Satin Gold Sequins.
The 3D embossed card looks so good in person! You HAVE to try it out to see for yourself. And use Pigment Inks because they blend like butter! Don't forget to tag me @glitternswirls and Altenew @altenewllc on Instagram.
You will find the video below or on YouTube.
Thank you for stopping by!