Hello there everyone! Welcome to our Altenew Educators' “New Favorite” Blog Hop + Linky Party. Erum here and my new favorite thing from Altenew are their new Woodless Coloring Pencils. I also do love their Monochrome Shading Pencils, but today's post is all about the coloring pencils. First, don't forget to hop along with us and also take part in the linky party as we have PRIZES for you! Our Educators have some brilliant projects to share with you!
Before we move forward, let me tell you a bit about the Altenew Educator Certification Program (AECP). Through AECP, you don't just become a representative of Altenew but also a part of a loving and supportive community of talented crafters. Moreover, if you have not been crafting for a while or feel like you have been stuck in a rut, this is the perfect program to brush up on your skills! This program is great if you want to enhance your paper crafting skills, master new crafting techniques, and share your passion for crafting with others.
New Favorite: Woodless Coloring Pencils
- On Classic Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs), stamp an image from the Craft Your Life Project Kit: Elegant Motifs Stamp Set in Permanent Black Ink.
- Heat set the panel to make sure the ink is completely dry before coloring.
- Use Woodless Coloring Pencils to color the image, starting from the flower center, apply Maple Yellow and Orange Cream with a gentle hand. Use Maple Yellow to blend both colors seamlessly.
- Finish this with Autumn Blaze only to the edges of the flower center.
- Use Orange Cream to extend the flower center towards the petals as flicks.
- To this, add Maple Yellow and further blend the Orange Cream pigment.
- Then, add a bit of Autumn Blaze to this mix.
- Move to the tip of the petal and add Ruby Red pigment to the notches of the petals and extend it towards the flower center.
- Blend this pigment out with the Crimson color pencil.
- To blend the orange/yellow and the red together, use the Heart Beat pencil.
- If there is a need to add more depth or more of some color, go back in to add that pigment.
- Blend the leftover whites with the Coral Bliss color pencil.
- If you want brighter highlights, you can use a white pencil to add highlights too.
- For the leaves, start by adding Shadow Creek, then Grass Field, blend this out with Limeade, and for highlight, add Lemonade.
- To add depth, add Jet Black pigment. Blend this with the darkest green shade.
- Once the coloring is done, use the coordinating die to die cut the image and set it aside.
- On a 3 3/4″ x 5″ Crest Solar White Cardstock (80lbs) apply Limeade Crisp Dye Ink using a Large Blending Tool with a gentle hand.
- Next, through the Fine Tulle Stencil, apply Lime Crisp Dye Ink with the help of a Large Blending Tool. Make sure to do this with a light hand too.
- Then, add black splatters on the panel from the Essential Watercolor 12 Pan Set.
- Adhere the panel onto a card base with foam tape.
- Adhere the image onto the card front with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- Heat emboss the sentiments on black cardstock in Pure White Embossing Powder and heat set.
- Cut the sentiments into thin strips and adhere them onto the card with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- To finish, adhere a few Satin Gold Sequins.
You can watch the video below or on YouTube.ARVE Error: need id and provider
$130 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 3 lucky winners and a $15 gift certificate to 4 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew Card Blog and/or each designer’s blog post on the blog hop list below by 01/09/2022 for a chance to win.
There’s MORE! What’s a hop without YOU?! We have included an Inlinkz for you to enter your gorgeous Altenew “New Favorite” creations. We will pick one of our favorite handmade creations from those who joined the linky party and they will receive a $10 Altenew gift certificate!
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each stop of this blog hop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 01/10/2022.
Blog Hop list:
Our amazing Altenew Educators are sharing their incredible creations with you. Hop on over to check out their work and make sure to leave a comment on their blog. The first stop on the hop is the talented Virginia Lu.
For your convenience, you will find the complete hop list below.