Hi there everyone! Erum here and I have a beautiful layered Poinsettia Christmas décor to share with you today featuring the Build-A-Flower: Poinsettia Stamp Set.
- Heat emboss the outline image from the Build-A-Flower: Poinsettia Stamp Set onto a red and green color cardstock separately. For the green one, you can use the darkest green shade from the Green Meadows Gradient Cardstock Pack.
- Use the coordinating die to die cut the images.
- Use Grapevine Crisp Dye Ink and apply it to the flower center with the help of a Mini Blending Brush.
- Apply Mountain Pine Crisp Dye Ink onto the green petals, halfway up the petal so that it shows from under the red layer.
- Cut the green layer and adhere the leaves with Instant Dimension Foam Tape – make sure to tape away from the flower center (behind the flower).
- Die cut another flower out of Glitter Cardstock – Gilded.
- Cut the petals and adhere them to the backside of the flower in the same way as you did the leaves with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
- If you want, you can add another layer of red flower to add dimension as I have done here.
- On A2 Watercolor Cardstock, apply water to the center portion.
- Add light and dark green pigment that matches the leaves from the Artists' Watercolor 24 Pan Set.
- Dry the panel and add green splatters of different concentrations. Dry the panel again.
- Add fine black splatters from the Essential Watercolor 12 Pan Set.
- Mix the yellow-gold color and the green from the Metallic Watercolor 14 Pan Set to form a custom green shade and add splatters of that on the panel.
- Also, add some gold splatters for extra shine.
- Dry the panel completely.
- Stamp the sentiment (if needed) in Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Use the Thin Frames 3D Die Set and die cut two of each side.
- Use the Crafters Essential Bone Folder to reinforce the core lines, fold and glue the pieces individually.
- Adhere the pieces to each other by tucking in the straight edge into the angled edge.
- Once the frame is in position, glue this down to the watercolor panel.
- Adhere the layered poinsettia with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
Video: Layered Poinsettia Christmas Décor
You can watch the video below or on YouTube.ARVE Error: need id and provider
I hope you liked the project. You can create this for any season, occasion, or using any floral image. All you need to do is add Instant Dimension Foam Tape between each layer to really make the die-cut pop! Do tag me @glitternswirls and Altenew and @altenewllc if you create one of your own!
Wishing Merry Christmas to all those who celebrate! Thank you for stopping by!