Hello everyone! It's May here and I'm so excited to share my lotus card today. I realized that it's been almost 3 months since I shared my card on the Altenew blog in April. Anyone missed seeing my creations? ;)
I've wanted to play with the Lotus stamp set for a long time, but I haven't had a chance to make any card until today. This time I tried new watercoloring product which is Daniel Smith Watercolor Dot Sampler and I'm quite happy with how it turned out.
I made a video tutorial to show you how to make this watercolor card from start to finish. I'm also sharing different types of watercoloring mediums that I've tried for the last few years in the video. You can watch it below or on YouTube channel. Hope you find it helpful.
How to Make a Watercolor Card using Gold Embossed Images
- Stamp the images from the Lotus stamp set with Versamark watermark ink on a piece of Arches cold pressed watercolor paper.
- Heat emboss the images with Ranger super fine gold embossing powder.
- Watercolor the images with Daniel Smith Watercolors.
- Die cut the images using the Lotus die set.
- Add paint splatters on a piece of Woodgrain White paper.
- White emboss the sentiment from the Many Thanks stamp set.
- Mount the die cuts and sentiment banner on the card front using foam tape.
- Finish off the card with clear droplets.
That’s all I have for today! I hope you enjoyed seeing my card and got some inspiration to make your own. Thanks so much for stopping by. Happy crafting!