Hello everyone! Welcome to Altenew Educators' “Let's Get Sentimental” Video Hop. Erum here with another video for the Creative Coloring with Erum video series. I am super excited to kick off this hop for the AECP Educators. Our theme for this hop is “Let's Get Sentimental,” where each Educator will share a project that focuses on a sentiment.
This hop is special and amazing because it's a VIDEO HOP! That means you can watch all the amazing artists create their masterpieces right in front of your eyes! How cool is that? You'll be blown away by their skills and techniques, and you'll learn so much from them. Don't miss this chance to see some of the best crafters in action!
Video: Colorful Graphic Cards
You can watch the process video below or on YouTube.
- Cut an A2 Watercolor Cardstock into half.
- Use images from A Fresh Start Stamp Set and stamp them randomly on both panels to build an interesting pattern with Obsidian Pigment Ink.
- Smoosh Lemonade Stand, Tangerine Dream, Lettuce Celebrate, Easy Breezy, and Be Grapeful from the Summer Dream Fresh Dye Inks Collection onto the Watercolor Palette. (I also smooshed Tickled Pink, but I figured out that it is not as water reactive and turns into gel-like, coating the paintbrush, so I would not recommend using that with water.)
- On Panel 1, apply Tangerine Dream, Lemonade Stand, Lettuce Celebrate, and Easy Breezy. Leave the top left corner for Tickled Pink, and apply it with a Mini Blending Brush. Set it aside to dry.
- On Panel 2, apply water to the panel and then add Be Grapeful. Next, apply Easy Breezy. Set it aside to dry, or use a heat tool.
- Stamp several sentiments and hearts in Obsidian Pigment Ink. Use the coordinating dies to cut them.
- Cut two black cardstock mats that are slightly larger than the panels. Adhere these behind the panels at an angle.
- Stamp a panel of cardstock in Obsidian Pigment Ink with Checkerboard Stamp. Use one of the circles from the Halftone Circles Nesting Die to cut a circle out of this panel. Then cut it in half and adhere these behind panel 1.
- Out of the same checkered panel, cut out more tabs to embellish the second panel.
- Add some glitter cardstock accents, too, if you like to add bling.
- On panel 2, add detail with a white gel pen.
- Adhere the panels to card bases.
- Adhere sentiments with Instant Dimension Foam Tape.
$120 in total prizes! Altenew is giving away a $20 gift certificate to 3 lucky winners and a $15 gift certificate to 4 winners! Please leave a comment on the Altenew video and/or each designer’s YouTube video on the hop list by 07/30/2023 for a chance to win.
Altenew will draw 7 random winners from the comments left on each hop stop and announce the winners on the Altenew Winners Page on 07/31/2023.
Video Hop List
Here's a list of the amazing designers joining today's video hop.
***IMPORTANT! Please leave a comment on each video on the hop list below – NOT on this post – to be entered into the giveaway.
Shahina Mohamed Ashraf
Thanks so much for hopping!