Hello friends! This is Virginia here. Do you like creating eye-catching and effortless cards? Would you like to find out how to create the easiest alcohol ink backgrounds in seconds? If so, today's post is about using the Altenew Artist Alcohol Ink Bundles.
The Altenew Artist Alcohol Markers are must-have crafty items. It is important to keep the Artist Alcohol Markers' juices flowing and maximize the use of these re-inkers. Let's get to the 5 easy steps to create alcohol ink backgrounds.
1. Pre-measure and cut the vellum. I cut a piece of Vellum Translucent Paper to measure 4″x 5 1/4″.
2. Drop 2-3 drops of Alcohol Ink onto the vellum. I also used Alcohol Ink Blending Solution to add and dilute the colors. Let dry.
3. Adhere the backside of the alcohol-inked vellum onto the cardstock. The front shows colors and un-inked.
4. Add only 1-2 drops of different colors of alcohol inks to avoid mixing.
5. Keep the color combo simple. All you need is 1-3 colors of Alcohol Ink.
Once you adhere the alcohol-inked vellum with 1-2 small pieces of Ultra Sticky Double-Sided Tape, you can add any focal point. I added the die-cut flower from Craft-A-Flower Garden Rose Layering Die Set (inked and sprayed with Metallic Shimmer Ink Sprays).
Top Tip! To keep the alcohol ink under control, be sure to have a piece of paper towel in hand and you can dab away the unwanted ink. This will not affect the overall inking and will enhance the colors' vibrancy.
For the sentiment, I used the Bold Sentiments Stamp Set (one stamped and one white-embossed) on both cards.
If you have any questions, feel free to comment below. I'll be more than happy to answer them. Thank you for stopping by!